Monday, September 22, 2008

Why! Poop and Puke (Read with caution or Skip all together)

I try hard not to do this! I have so many blessings in my life, 2 Beautiful kids, a wonderful husband, a great home and a new baby on the way. We are blessed in so so so many ways I feel like to complain when I have so many great things is seems unnecessary. But.... I need a moment-- I have cracked!
For those of you that attended The poop and puke tour of Highland High School Choir I think it was in 02-03. I feel like that is my life right now! Well not those of you that were puking and pooping (a moment of silence for you), but those who spent the time cleaning up after all the poopers and pukers.
This madness has gone on for about a month now and I don't know much longer it will last! I can take no more but feel like I have no choice but to endure.
Colin is my pooper and Taylor is my puker!
It started when we were in Idaho over labor day weekend and the week before. I keep thinking it is ending and as soon as I feel like sanity may return--4 Am or early rolls around and I hear Taylor in her bed Screaming in horror that it has happened again.PUKE! I feel horrible for her! The Doctor has nearly no advice! Some weeks it is every night. It will stop for 2,3 even a week or so and then with out warning she starts again.
Colin this poor boy! I don't know if it is teeth or if I am doomed to a life of cleaning poop and puke until they are teenagers! He will have about one solid poop until it all starts again. Acid poop! Sorry for this description! Starts with one nasty diaper then the diaper rash comes. It is not just a little red, it is this raw horrible red. I have tried every cream on they make and some that my Dad makes for me! Nothing seems to make it go away only makes it manageable. On top of all this I am pregnant although this all did come after my first trimester when I puke daily because of the lovely child that is growing inside of me. I now puke daily(well not quite) Because of the puke and poo I am cleaning off of various objects around my home.
So as my 3 year old and I both sit here in tears-- me because I am fed up, tired and pregnant and her because she is hungry and mom won't let her eat yet! AHHHHH! Now that I feel like I might survive another day and things seem to be settling back down with Josh off to work, Colin in bed with a clean diaper(at the moment)(# 4 since 3:30 this morning) and Taylor snuggled up on the Luv sac with a blanket, movie and a puke bucket and me feeling a little better having vented but still thinking I need a day to relax with no worries! HA~ like that will ever happen! I guess I will try to rest a bit more hope this isn't the calm of the tornado that may be my day but if it is I will take advantage of it and rest!

8 comments:

Nanci said...

Oh Kara! I am so so sorry, that sucks so bad! That is how it's been at our house lately too, minus the whole fact that you're prego and I am not, but just substitute in kidney stone and we've both hit the trifecta! Garrett is the same way with the acid poops and the horrid bleeding, raw diaper rash. I ended up having to change the brand of diapers we use, and the only thing I found that helped the rash is Burt's Bees diaper rash ointment. It's freakin expensive, but even the prescription ointment didn't even make a dent in his rash situation. I don't know what it is about the Burt's Bees, but it's made with all natural ingredients, and it really has done the trick for us, I hope if you try it out it works for him. Poor kido! I wish you lived closer, cause I totally would love to help you out! Hope things get better soon! Love ya!

Curtis Clan said...

Kara, just so you know, there have been a high number of salminella & giardia from Alpine, WY to St.Anthony to Bountiful ,Ut. I haven't heard of any links, nor has the news picked this up (out of fear of panick I'm Sure) But it might be worth looking into. Kids play outside, they eat "stuff" they worry about nothing. So you may try to check with the doc. See if the symptoms are there? Good luck i feel bad for all THREE (4) of you!! Take care, wish I could help.

Krystal said...

You are a brave and strong woman. Ha I remember choir tour. but I was niether sick nor cleaning it up... I was the one hiding and ignoring it. I'm sorry it's been such a rough month. I sure hope it gets better. If there is anything I can do let me know.. even if you just need to vent.

Janelle said...

So sorry...that is horrible. I would try and evaluate what Colin is eating or drinking. Also have you heard of Triple Paste? I hear it can work wonders. Also try putting corn starch in his diaper to help minimize the acidity. If this doesn't help after a few days, try an anti-fungal cream. I don't have any advice for little Taylor. I just hope she doesn't have a nasty lurking bug. Good luck on trying to keep sane. I give you the mom of the year award for dealing with this!

Anonymous said...

You poor girl. I hope they get feeling better soon.. Call me if you need to talk or cry:( I wish I had some advice however I think your dad will figure it out:)

Brooke said...

Hi Kara!
So sorry your kids are sick. No fun. I have a recommendation for the diaper rash. Ashtyn had a horrible rash for a couple of weeks- bleeding and all. The nurse recommended using Mylanta- the stuff you usually drink for indigestion. You use a cotton ball and dab the Mylanta on the the diaper rash, let it dry, and put the diaper back on. It works like a charm! Good luck!

BTW, Congrats on a baby girl. So fun!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your little blurb. The journalism in you comes out every once and again. You really need to submit this one to a paper as a humorous commentary. I think it would win awards. I not sure how you do that, but it is definitely worth checking into $$. MOM

Trevor and Angie said...

I remember the poop and puke tour...SO WELL. I am sorry you are living it right now...uggh....

How are ya? Besides the poop stuff? :)

About Me

My photo
Maricopa, Az, United States