Monday, December 24, 2012

It's been A while

It really has been a while since I have posted anything I will update you on a few things and say 
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

We are a family of 6 right now living in Saratoga Springs, Utah. We are feeling very blessed, especially this time of year. We got to focus much of our season on giving to others and preparing to be able to give and serve more in the next year. I love this time of year. I love that so many people who don't feel the spirit as often as other get to feel it. They recognize it as the Spirit of Christmas but I believe that it is the Holy Ghost they feel. The Spirit of Christ. His love. The love of our father in Heaven. It is amazing how easily it is found this time of year.  I know it is due to the service and love that people give to others so willingly. 

As we end this year we are excited to announce that we are expecting baby number 5! We had a longer road conceiving than with the others, not that we have had near the heart break of MANY MANY other but we our own testimony building experience. It was a sweet tender mercy the day we found out we would be blessed with number 5! We are due in July. 

All the kids are doing great. Loving their new schools and enjoying our wonderful neighborhood. 

I wanted to share about the neat weekend we had... 
This is the first year that the Ward Family decided to have a family celebration outside of just whom ever could make it for the holiday. Anyway.. We were all together, it doesn't happen often it has happened more recently but it still is a sweet time we get to spend together. We also got to celebrate the blessing of two of my nieces. Also... now that Josh's mom lives in Idaho we got to spend time with her and it has been so fun seeing her more often and the kids getting to have a relationship with her. 

I also had a very great experience. This is what I really wanted to write about. I don't know why but I really feel the need to document it. A year ago my best friend from my childhood passes away, leaving his sweet wife who was pregnant and their three other children. It was sudden and it was truly heart breaking. When it happened I gathered memories from all our childhood friends. I took all the memories and made a book of them. I have had the book about done since Christmas last year. I just needed a picture for the front. For some reason I just could not get it done. My heart ached and I cried hysterically every time I worked on it. Until October this year after talking with my mom I decided no matter how many tears it took me I was going to finish Greg' book. I finally figured out something for the front and had it printed. It arrived mid November and I knew it would be Christmas time by the time I could get it to Pam and Terry. I was dreading it, stressing out about seeing them, not sure I could keep it together.. but this was not about me. I really didn't want to bring more pain and sadness into their lives... not at Christmas. Well I did it and it was perfect. I made my mom go with me. We went over to their house last night. We were met with smiles and hugs as always. I gave Pam the book and warned her there were some serious tear jerkers as well as some of the greatest memories of my our childhood. We had a great visit. BUT the best part.... Greg and Julies kids were visiting Pam and Terry. I got to spend time with them giggling and talking about their dad who they look JUST like! Sweet Dillon his 2nd child came right up and climbed in my lap. He looked me in the eyes and said " My dad is with Jesus". I told him I knew and what a special friend his dad was, I told him I had made a book of stories about his dad, he asked me to read it, we snuggled and read stories of his dad for a few minutes before we had to get back to a game of chase. It was so special to me to see their dad's spirit again in them. I even got asked to have a sleepover :). Anyway... this was just what I needed to see the smile see that they are being watched over so carefully... all things I knew but it was just so good to see. 

I am just feeling so blessed right now and am so grateful for all that I have and for the love of my Father in Heaven. Have a very Merry Christmas from the Martin's!!! 

About Me

My photo
Maricopa, Az, United States