Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Challenge

I am looking for a challenge. No not that my life isn't challenging enough I just recently watch Julie and Julia or Julia and Julie I can't remember which it is. That is the wonderful workings of this pregnancy brain. Anyway that is not the point. I want to work my way through something. A cook book sounds fun I could definitely use the practice. I have thought of a few other ideas like a working my way through a sewing blog to improve on that or working through a craft blog and trying everything on there but then those are in continual growth how would that ever end. So I want a goal a mission a something to do when I am home and need some motivation to do a little bit more with my day and have that little bit more be something that I want and like to do would be all the better. I want something unique and different, we are already working on a stake reading challenge as a couple and I have added my own side to that to keep me faithfully reading my scriptures, So to those of you if there are many left who still read our blog.... What do you think? What can I work through? What would be a fun challenge??? What you you like to me see me try, fail and try again at? (I'm sure there will be some of that) Leave me your comments :) HUGS!

KJ

Oh and there are Heart Walk Pictures coming and a post about that to be here soon!

7 comments:

the supportive husband said...

Food storage (emergency preparedness) is the next one to check off your list!
:)

Karen said...

Oh, I like the food storage idea. Sydney got a friendship bracelet book for Christmas and wanted to make every single one. Find a book with some kind of craft (or a bunch of different ones) and make everything in it! I found a book at the library that was all homemade, cheap gift ideas, and it was awesome!

Erin L said...

What about working your way through a Top 100 books list or something. (Actually after looking at some of them, I want to do it myself.) Although, it would probably take me 10 years to get through that many books, so maybe only do the top 50 or 30 or something.

GuateGirl said...

For me it is getting all my pics done and stored away for posterity.
If I had more time I think geneology and family history work would be the next thing on my list. Finding names isn't necessarily the priority - but collecting stories from those who are living before they are gone - i.e. my husband's grandmother and great aunt are living and have stories that are UNDOCUMENTED and my kids will never hear them if I don't get them now.

Sarah Mickalson said...

Oh girl, you cant fail at anything if you tried. I once did a thing where I did service for someone i didnt know every week. I chose one person that wasnt a clsoe friend and did something nice for them...made dinner, or cookies, etc. anonymously of course. I lvoed it!

LeNee said...

Really like Sarah and 'the supportive husband's' ideas. Also going along with 'supportive husband' is to know how to actually use the items in your food storage!! A really good project that I think EVERYONE can apply to life forever is the 12 step program book through the LDS church. It is for sooooo much more that 'just' addiction recovery. I am learning as much or more than in a Gospel Doctorine class or Gospel Principles class, it's great! You should make the goal to read and study it.

Miki said...

All great ideas! We started the 12 step program book and it is really great. Now we just need to go back and finish. Beware though, I got into food storage and my big problem now is space. It becomes rather addicting, which brings us back to the 12 step program. Good luck!

About Me

My photo
Maricopa, Az, United States