Sunday, July 25, 2010

Church is Dangerous






So here it is.
I was closing the dividers between the overflow and the cultural hall at church, I was wearing my heels and pulling the accordion wall with all my might when my foot slipped under the edge of the wall and along the sharp metal that the bottom.... Slice... Blood... uh oh!
So I ran out to the hallway to the bathroom where the fabulous sister Bogel was there ( she is a nurse) she helped me get the blood under control and taped me up! She was fantastic. Then the news came that Brother Porter ( a PA) was in the building so someone grabbed him for me. He took a look and decided it needed stitches. Well I had a class to teach and didn't want to go to urgent care so Brother Porter was kind enough to run home and get his first aid kit. We went into the High council room ( about the only empty room in the building) and Stitched me up. He numbed it good and then gave me three little stitches and sent me on my way. It was a little dramatic but not too bad. Only my third time having stitches because of an accident! and only 1 time has been in a hospital funny huh. anyway all is well just a funny story! Be careful out there at church :)

3 comments:

Sarah Mickalson said...

Kara this story cracks me up! It is sooo you! Gettin stitchesat church, love it! I hope your foot is feeling better

Unknown said...

You can do anything if you set your mind to it! Even get a minor surgery at Church!

Heidi Miller said...

Oh my goodness Kara!! You had him stitch you up at church so you could still teach!? You are hilarious! I think I would have left. :) You go girl!

About Me

My photo
Maricopa, Az, United States