Monday, May 17, 2010

Cardiologist Update

Cardiologist update today! I STRESS OUT! When these come around every 6 months! I get this terrible knot in my stomach and feel insane all day until they are over. This appointment was extra scary to me because if Morgyn didn't behave we would have to sedate her for an echo... I was not looking forward to the fight and I was almost positive that she was going to freak out and squirm and we were going to have to come back. She is 15 months could I really expect her to be good the entire time? No, and she wasn't but.... to my joy and surprise we got all the pictures of her little wonderful working heart that we needed.
She did SCREAM like we were torturing her for the first 20 minutes or so but after I found a lip gloss in my purse she munched on that ( gross I know but its better then sedation) for a while she settled down and watched Elmo the rest of the time. I felt like my prayers had been answered and that the lord was certainly watching over me...
(I'm about ready to blab so skip to the pictures if you would like)
I am in complete awe of how blessed we are. I don't think I deserve these blessings often and maybe it is Morgyn's faithfulness and not mine that gets us these extra blessings but every time we go to the cardiologist it seems things are getting better and I couldn't ask for more!
First- I am so so so Grateful that we have Dr. Rhee as a Doctor, I did not pick him, I did not do research to find him... he was handed to us and he is AMAZING! He is so kind , funny and he remembers my child!!!! I think that is huge! He is so sweet with her and always makes me feel like I know what is going on. Never leaves questions unanswered and I have always felt like he has our very best interest in mind. How did we get so lucky????
Second- just to mention that the Doctor that actually did Morgyns procedure just did the first pediatric heart transplant in AZ ( see the article here) Is it amazing or what that he is the one that saved our little lady! I sure am grateful!
Third- Morgyn's heart is nearly perfect now! I realize that she still could relapse but the chances are low (10%ish) and she is growing so wonderfully as you can see! Dr. Rhee said today that " she's a keeper" :) in his word she is wonderful! He said she has very minor narrowing of her valve, she is in normal range.... Normal range for ANY CHILD!! not just a child with heart disease. She almost doesn't even need that nasty heart disease title anymore!!! But we must keep it just to be cautious! I love this girl she is an amazing spirit and is so sweet. I love that we get to keep her and that she is so very healthy now! She is a unique addition to our home and I am ever indebted to our heavenly father for allowing her to stay here on earth with us and help us to grow!
Last- We get to see Dr. Rhee again in 6 months and if all is well it will be a year before we see him again! Love it!!!!

Sorry These of course are backward!


So Very Happy To Be finished!!!

Finally settled down enough to get some good shots! JQ was awesome!!! It is Dr/Nurses like him that make going to the Hospital/Dr. Office bearable

Just arrived at Dr. Rhee's Office. She looks like she knows whats next and she isn't thrilled about it! She was a tired baby!




6 comments:

Krystal said...

WOW you are one lucky lady. Your daughter is so beautiful, well both and your son too! I think that is very good news about her heart and I think it will be a huge relief if she gets to start going only once a year instead of twice. She is such a sweet blessing and I am glad you get to enjoy her every day! Love you guys

Janelle said...

What a blessing! So glad things are getting better and better.

She is your miracle little girl. And such a cutie!

Valerie Jacobson said...

Kara, i can't beleive how much she looks like you! does she have a CROOKED smile?

Nanci said...

What an awesome blessing! Glad everthing went well! How cute is she?!

The Six Moores said...

She is such a doll! I miss you like crazy and wish our kids could play again! I am so happy Morgan is doing so GREAT! Love ya babe

Shannon said...

so glad things are ok. we had to sedate Cade for a tooth extraction when he was about 15 months old too...wasn't fun. I can't believe how old Morgyn is getting. so beautiful!

About Me

My photo
Maricopa, Az, United States