Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Aunt Mary

I tend to be an extremely emotional person as many of you know. I laugh alot, cry alot and at times yell alot! I recently found out that my mom's sister Mary has breast cancer. I have so many emotions that go along with this. I don't fear for her life at all she is strong and she has alot of strong family and friends standing beside her to help fight this. Anyway, the point of my post was I wanted to let everyone know that I love her and I know she is amazing. I also wanted to share a story because I have tried this with Taylor and her friends and it never worked quite as well as it did for her...


Many summers as I was growing up I would go to Boise area to spend time with grandma and grandpa and my cousins. I spent lots of time at my Aunt Mary and Uncle Don's House. Along with playing outside with the boys my aunt always "let" us play cinderella. Any little girls dream come true right! We would clean the entire house. Mop the floors with rags, dust, sweep and whatever else needed done that we could do. Then we would get dressed up and our hair done to go to the ball. Wow Mary made out well with that one. Not only were we entertained for hours but we cleaned the house. I'm not sure if its because she is still to small or what but this "game' does not work the same for Taylor.... She wants to play and she cleans for about 2 mins adn then I have to do nails, makeup, and hair for an hour or so after. She has lots of fun as I remember I did but the house does not get clean!


I just wanted to share that memory because it is one of my favorites growing up!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

That a really cute story! Thanks for sharing. Memories are a wonderful thing and sometimes we need to write them down, or else we forget and it's best to share them with our children.

Martin Messages said...

I have a lot of fond memories with Mary too. But mine where more in the dirt than cleaning house. She is a trooper. Love you!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great Post!! We appreciate the thoughts and love.

About Me

My photo
Maricopa, Az, United States